The New Frontiers is a University wide, year-long seminar series that brings world-reknowned scholars specializing in biomedical research to Louisiana Tech University for seminars.
Each year, the series takes a look at biomedical research with the intent of demonstrating the broad and interdisciplinary nature of this field. Speakers come from areas of engineering, biology, and chemistry, and all are working to solve the fundamental problem of understanding and treating conditions that impact human health.
In addition to discussing their research, some of our guests give a separate lecture intended for a general audience. These special lectures are designed to involve and educate the community on research that is relevant to them and what progress is being made to improve diagnostic and treatment options for patients.
All are welcome to attend the New Frontiers seminars and events in the community. For the 2021-22 season, the seminars will be a mix of in-person and virtual lectures. All of the lectures will be live-streamed and also viewable on this site after the event.
2021-22 Seminar Series
- Sept. 27 – Vaccines of the Past, Present, and Future
- Oct. 11 – Defining Key Mediators of the Progression of Pneumonic Plague
- Jan. 31 – CRISPR Genome Editing for Sickle Cell Disease Therapies
- March 21 – Open Science To Enable New Discoveries in Space Biology
- March 28 – Sentinel: Pandemic preemption in the genomic and information age
- May 2 – Cancer Immunotherapy: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times