The Region 8 LaSTEM Center – SCILS for short – is a group of partners across north Louisiana focused on meeting the critical need for science, technology, engineering, and math learning and job skills in our region.
The STEM Collective for Innovative Louisiana Stakeholders (SCILS) leverages comprehensive partnerships, a history of successfully securing resources, and a variety of unique and powerful resources to expand the impact of LaSTEM’s work.
Though not a brick and mortar center, SCILS is the hub for a growing network of partners along the I-20 corridor contributing to the robust STEM ecosystem evolving across North Louisiana.
- SCILS will provide regional opportunities and resources for PK-16 faculty and students as well as community partners and stakeholders in order to empower their engagement in activities designed to promote STEM culture and literacy, foster experiential learning, and prepare a STEM workforce for the future.
- SCILS will support activities and experiences where participants become immersed in challenging, problem-based learning experiences that foster creativity, critical thinking and scientific inquiry.
- SCILS will help build a collaborative, sustainable infrastructure for STEM along the I-20 Corridor that supports opportunities that inspire young people to be leaders in STEM while encouraging them to think like scientists, inventors, and entrepreneurs.
- STEMinist Fest – Louisiana Tech University
- Summer STEM Camps – Lincoln Parish STEM Center
- CTEC 101 Scholarships for cyber technology – Bossier Parish Community College
- Cyber Discovery Camps – Caddo Parish Schools
- Medical Scholars Program – Centenary College
- Forensic Science Program – Louisiana Delta Community College
- Cyber Security Professional Development – Grambling State University
- Robotics Program – Morehouse Parish Schools
- Database for STEM Programming – University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Kids U Summer Camp – University of Louisiana-Monroe
SciTEC – College of Education
PO Box 3163
Ruston, Louisiana 71272