The Ropp Center is named for Dr. R.L. Ropp, the 10th president of Louisiana Tech University, who served from 1949 to 1962. Built by the State of Louisiana in 1911, the residence housed seven university presidents until a new president’s home was built on the north campus in 1972.
The original president’s home was utilized by the former College of Home Economics until 1985, when the Office of Special Programs moved to the facility. The historic residence became home to the Tech Rome program, campus graphics and photography. In 2002, the Louisiana Tech University Foundation commissioned the redesign of the building as a faculty and staff club with guest rooms on the second floor. The project was completed in October 2003.
- Daily rental Cost: $750.00
- Refundable deposit: $300.00
- Cleaning fee: Typically $200.00
- Security Fee: $40.00 an hour per officer (Number of officers required determined by the Louisiana Tech University Chief of Police)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance: Required
- Tables and chairs: banquet rounds, classroom style tables, high tops, outdoor tables and chairs.
- Audio-visual system: A 74″ mounted television in the back dining area with HDMI hook-up.
- Setup and teardown: staff will set the room according to your layout and tear down once the event is over.
- Housekeeping: staff will ensure the facility is clean before the start of your event and clean up after the function is over.
- Event coordinator: professional to assist with agenda, timelines, catering, floor plans, audio visual equipment, and presentations during your event.
- Wireless internet: wireless internet connection.
Reserve the Ropp Center
Special Events and Facilities Coordinator
- Sample liability insurance
- Sample contract