The Ropp Center is named for Dr. R.L. Ropp, the 10th president of Louisiana Tech University, who served from 1949 to 1962. Built by the State of Louisiana in 1911, the residence housed seven university presidents until a new president’s home was built on the north campus in 1972.
The original president’s home was utilized by the former College of Home Economics until 1985, when the Office of Special Programs moved to the facility. The historic residence became home to the Tech Rome program, campus graphics and photography. In 2002, the Louisiana Tech University Foundation commissioned the redesign of the building as a faculty and staff club with guest rooms on the second floor. The project was completed in October 2003.
- Main Floor front half: $200 – seminar dining room (30 seated), small dining room (10 seated, 125 reception-style)
- Main Floor parlor and back dining area: $250 – Back dining area (50 seated, reception-style)
- Entire Main Floor: $350 – All dining areas (90 seated, 150 reception-style)
- Courtyard: $150 (must be reserved with one of the other areas)
- Photo session: $75 (1.5-hour time limit)
- Refundable deposit: $250
- Cleaning fee (If alcohol is served or a large event): Will be taken out of the refundable deposit
- Tables and chairs
- Audio-visual system: smart podium, two wireless microphones, two projector screens with ceiling mounted projectors and a sound system that can play music throughout the lounge and on the outside field patio. The Club Lounge also has 12 flat-screen televisions.
- Setup and teardown: staff will set the room according to your layout and tear down once the event is over.
- Housekeeping: staff will ensure the facility is clean before the start of your event and clean up after the function is over.
- Signage: placed in the lobby with the name of your event to assist guests.
- Event coordinator: professional to assist with agenda, timelines, catering, floor plans, audio visual equipment, and presentations during your event.
- Wireless internet.
Please note that a certificate of liability insurance is required to make a reservation.
Reserve the Ropp Center
Allison Brister Burkhardt
Special Events & Facilities Coordinator
- Sample liability insurance
- Sample contract